All research publications produced within the COGNITUS project are released with Open Access via a suitable data repository, as mandated by the Horizon 2020 programme.
- Ivan Zupancic, Matteo Naccari, Marta Mrak and Ebroul Izquierdo, “Two-Pass Rate Control for Improved Quality of Experience in UHDTV Delivery”, in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Volume: 11, Issue: 1, Feb. 2017 (DOI: 10.1109/JSTSP.2016.2634458)
- Michael Evans, Olivia Larner, Lianne Kerlin, Rosie Campbell, “Feels Like Being There: Viewers Describe the Quality of Experience of Festival Video Using Their Own Words,” accepted for the Proc. ACM CHI 2018, Montreal, Canada, 21-26 April 2018.
- Carter, Juliette, Blasi, Saverio, & Mrak, Marta, “Complexity-Driven Rate-Control for Parallel HEVC Coding”, in Proc. IEEE Visual Communications and Image Processing 2017 (IEEE VCIP 2017), St Petersburg, USA, 10-13 December 2017. (DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1040287)
- Farzad Toutounchi, Valia Guerra Ones, Ebroul Izquierdo, “An Efficient Video Super-Resolution Approach based on Sparse Representation,” in Proc. IEEE MMSP 2017, Luton, UK, 16-18 October 2017
- Goncalo Mordido, Joao Magalhaes, Sofia Cavaco, “Automatic Organisation,Segmenation,and Filtering of User-Generated Audio Content,” in Proc. IEEE MMSP 2017, Luton, UK, 16-18 October 2017
- Nikolaos Stefanakis, Athanasios Mouchtaris, “Maximum Component Elimination in Mixing of User Generated Audio Recordings,” in Proc. IEEE MMSP 2017, Luton, UK, 16-18 October 2017
- N. Stefanakis, M. Viskadouros and A. Mouchtaris, “A subjective evaluation on mixtures of crowdsourced audio recordings” in Proc.European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2017), Kos, Greece, August 28 – September 2, 2017, pp. 1819-1823. (DOI:10.23919/EUSIPCO.2017.8081523)
- Evans, Michael, Kerlin, Lianne, & Jones, Rhianne, “Fair Treatment and Informed Choice for Contributors of User-Generated Video”, in Proc. ACM TVX 2017, Hilversum, The Netherlands, 14-16 June 2017. (DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1039879)
- Kerlin, Lianne, Evans, Michael, & Jones, Rhianne, “Professional Use of User-Generated Video – Views of Producers and Contributors”, in Proc. ACM TVX 2017, Hilversum, The Netherlands, 14-16 June 2017. (DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1040270)
- Nikolaos Stefanakis, Athanasios Mouchtaris, “Synchronization Ambiguity in Audio Content Generated by Users Attending the Same Public Event,” in Proc. ACM TVX 2017, Hilversum, The Netherlands, 14-16 June 2017
- Stavroula Ntoa, George Margetis, Constantine Stephanidis, “Rewarding Contributions in a User-Generated Video Online Community,” in Proc. ACM TVX 2017, Hilversum, The Netherlands, 14-16 June 2017
- N. Stefanakis, S. Chonianakis and A. Mouchtaris, “Automatic matching and synchronization of user generated videos from a large scale athletic event,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2017), New Orleans 5-9 March 2017
- Rui Queiros, Nuno Correia, João Magalhães, “Live Collaborative Social-Media Video Timelines,” in Proc. Content-Based Multimedia Indexing 2017
- Pedro Martins, Nuno Correia, “Semi-automatic Video Assessment System. Content-Based Multimedia Indexing,” in Proc. xxxxx 2017
- Gonçalo Mordido, João Magalhães, Sofia Cavaco, “Automatic organisation and quality analysis of user-generated content with audio fingerprinting,” in Proc. EUSIPCO 2017
- João Santos, Filipa Peleja, Flávio Martins, João Magalhães, “Improving Cold-Start Recommendations with Social-Media Trends and Reputations,” in Proc. Intelligent Data Analysis 2017
- André Mourão, João Magalhães, “Balanced Search Space Partitioning for Distributed Media Redundant Indexing,” in Proc. ACM Intl Conference in Multimedia Retrieval 2017: 142-149
- I. Zupancic, E. Izquierdo, M. Naccari, M. Mrak, “Two-Pass Rate Control for UHDTV Delivery with HEVC,” in Proc. 32nd Picture Coding Symposium (PCS 2016), Nuremberg, Germany, 4-7 December 2016.
- N. Stefanakis and A. Mouchtaris, “Capturing and reproduction of a crowded sound scene using a circular microphone array,” in Proc. European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2016), Budapest, Hungary, August 29 – September 2, 2016, pp. 1673-1677. (DOI: 10.1109/EUSIPCO.2016.7760533)
- Saverio Blasi, Matteo Naccari, Rajitha Weerakkody, John Funnell, Marta Mrak, “The open-source Turing codec: towards fast, flexible and parallel HEVC encoding,” in Proc. International Broadcasting Convention Conference (IBC 2016), 8-12 September 2016. ( )
- I. Zupancic, M. Naccari, M. Mrak, E. Izquierdo, “Studying Rate Control Methods for UHDTV Delivery Using HEVC,” in Proc. 58th International Symposium (ELMAR-2016), Zadar, Croatia, 12–14 September 2016. (DOI: 10.1109/ELMAR.2016.7731752)
- Flávio Martins, João Magalhães, Jamie Callan, “Barbara Made the News: Mining the Behavior of Crowds for Time-Aware Learning to Rank,” in Proc. 9th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM) 2016, San Francisco, USA, February 22-25, 2016. (DOI: 10.1145/2835776.2835825)